The Harbor is Hiring!
By: The Harbor Entrepreneur Center
Are you a highly motivated person looking for experience in a fun, fast paced environment? Can you play nice with both humans and heavy objects? Are you interested in meeting and interacting with high impact entrepreneurs in our region? If yes to all - The Harbor wants you to join their team with the full-time position as "Chief Mover & Doer"!
Who are we, you ask? The Harbor Entrepreneur Center is a non-profit organization dedicated to growing entrepreneurship throughout the Charleston region. How do we do this? Lots of ways, including a 14-week accelerator program, Forum Groups, multiple events per year, and much more. We’ve also launched multiple sites throughout the Lowcountry that provide entrepreneurs the workspace they need to move their businesses forward.
This is where we need your help: The Harbor has four sites that need monitoring and a little TLC on a regular basis. The four locations are as follows: 633 King St. in Downtown Charleston, 300 W. Coleman Blvd in Mount Pleasant, 1077 E. Montague Ave in North Charleston, and 402 N. Main St. in Summerville.
Here’s what we’ll need from you:
- Be responsive to emails and phone calls from The Harbor team, vendors, and workspace renters / prospects.
- Be able to move a desk, tv, large stuffed rhino, or anything else we might bring to one of our sites and events
- Be able to hold a conversation with all walks of life. The Harbor sees all kinds of people from all different backgrounds participating
- Be able to work well in a fast paced environment with a small team and rapidly changing dynamics.
- Be comfortable problem solving on your own
- Be saavy with a computer and able to quickly use new software systems
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
-Advertising and filling vacancies. Do you know how to post a craigslist ad?
-Enforcing Harbor leases via Docusign / controlling termination of leases
-Activating key fobs for incoming workspace renters
-Maintaining cleanliness and orderliness at each site
-Preparing sites for upcoming events
-Responding in a timely fashion to workspace inquiries, and any reported issues from on-site renters.
- Working with our program team to execute events, such as Entrepreneur Studio, Harbor Retreat, Happy Hours, and more.
It’s extra awesome if you:
- Are a handy person that knows how to operate a tool or two
- Have entrepreneurial experience of your own
- Have ever volunteered or fundraised for a non-profit organization
Have we piqued your interest? Apply here!