The primed accelerator program will provide entrepreneurs the foundation needed for long-term success of their life science endeavor.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Early-stage companies developing products in the medical device or pharma/bio industries.
- Ideal projects in the medical device field will have at least CAD drawings of the device.
- Ideal projects in the therapeutics field will have a lead compound identified with in vivo supporting data.
PARTICIPATING TEAMS WILL BE SELECTED ACCORDING TO AN EVALUATION OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Stage of Development
- Capability of Assembled Team to move the Business to the next level
- Compatibility with mentor, expert, community resources available
IF ACCEPTED INTO THE PROGRAM, HERE'S WHAT YOU GET:
- 2 hour curriculum sessions held at MUSC and led by subject matter experts, tailored to the life sciences.
- 1 hour meetings with mentors with industry-specific expertise
- Interaction and connection with other life science startups also trying to grow their business and skill sets
THE FOLLOWING CURRICULUM WILL BE COVERED ON A BI-WEEKLY BASIS:
- Who is your customer?
- Regulatory Considerations
- Reimbursement Considerations
- Sales Channel
- Branding / Marketing
- Building a Team
- Competitive Advantage
- Customer Perspective
- Contracts and Intellectual Property
- Raising Capital
- Financial / Operational Plan
- Practice your Pitch
- Pitch Post-Mortem / Celebration